Monday, May 12, 2014

What kind of visitors should I hope to see on my stall? Facebook friends? Google+ contacts?

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND. Paris, 2 rue Vivienne, Institut national d’histoire de l’art. The Oval Room, seat 82. Thursday 3 April 2104, eighteen minutes past ten. Whether I’m in the metro or walking, it’s becoming an obsession: all the time I’m thinking about my future life as an open-air seller of drawings. So, thinking about winter, what clothes should I wear so as not to freeze on the stall? Should I bring a fan heater? Any who will visit the stall? Strangers? Family? Facebook friends? Google+ contacts? M*, my oldest friend, arranged to meet me there on Sunday the 23rd.1 To thwart my impatience I’ve begun to choose the A4-size drawings I’ll be exhibiting down there. The Flying Man (above) will be coming along for the ride to the 14th arrondissement. As for the price, I’m going to ask my wife for advice. If she doesn’t know, M* will decide. Buddha bless you.
1 The artists’ street market at Edgar-Quinet, 75014 Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment