Friday, May 16, 2014

The number one quality for a seller of drawings: enthusiasm!

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND. Courbevoie, 67 avenue Gambetta, La Chancellerie. Thursday 17 April 2014, fifteen minutes past eight. On Sunday, as I was visiting the artists’ street market at Edgar-Quinet in the 14th arrondissement of Paris, an awful doubt came into my head. Am I really cut out for selling drawings in the open air? And do my drawings, such as The Sentry (above) have what it takes to seduce passers-by? One of the artists I saw down there told me that ‘exhibiting is a real vocation’. The young woman is at the market from eight o’clock every Sunday morning, only returning home at night. ‘I like this market because I can exhibit whatever I want’, she tells me, before adding, ‘but you’ve got to have enthusiasm’. Not sure that’s the case with me… Buddha bless you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment