Monday, May 5, 2014

A stranger with an amber gaze.I always draw the same guy.

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND. Paris, 2 Rue Vivienne. Institut national d’histoire de l’art. The Oval Room, seat 82. Thursday 27 March 2014, twenty-four minutes past ten. According to Furetière’s dictionary, drawing means ‘the expression on paper or canvas of the design one intends for a painting or a building’. My favorite painting  is a face. A stranger with an amber gaze, as here above. I’m always sketching. With or without music. And on beautiful vellum, like on the small ads page of a Chinese newspaper. I’ve got an archive of about two thousand drawings. Should I throw them all away? It wouldn’t be a problem, as the most important thing, for me, are the wonderful moments I’ve spent making them. If I want to do more, I just have to wake up the coloured pencils that lie sleeping in my little acrylic box from Muji. Buddha bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment