Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Cat-men? Two gays in love? The doodle twins? It’s up to you!

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND. Paris, 2 rue Vivienne, Institut national d’histoire de l’art, the Oval Room, seat 82. Thursday 17 April 2104, ten o’clock. M*, my friend from another life, is on the offensive again. Yesterday at the Café Mozart, where we were putting the world to rights over an espresso, M* told me again how much he liked my drawings, and as he would like to contribute to the costs, he wanted me to hurry up and fill out my application for the artists’ street market at Edgar-Quinet. This means proving – which is not very hard – that I am over 18. That I undertake to sell only signed original works. That I will produce a description of my works. That I will enclose a cheque for 7 euros 63. I’ve promised to be ready by the 30th. But how do I describe The Old Friends (above)? Melancholic gays? A couple of paras? The doodle twins? I’m already running out of ideas. Keep walking…

No comments:

Post a Comment