Friday, May 30, 2014

Two new stars in my life as a diarist: Dean Martin and Dmitri Shostakovich!

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND. Courbevoie, La Chancellerie, 67 avenue Gambetta. Building A, 18th floor. Wednesday 23 April 2014, sixteen minutes past ten. In English-speaking countries a diarist is ‘someone who keeps a diary electronically and publishes it on the World Wide Web’. Exactly what I started doing several days ago and which I continue to do for the pleasure of telling you about the two new stars in my electronic life: the crooner Dean Martin whose LPs (from flea markets) give me vintage shivers every time they’re played, and (see above) the double CD of string quartets by Dmitri Shostakovich by the Borodin Quartet. Perfect for a summer morning on a shady terrace overlooking the Bay of Capri. Buddha bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment