Thursday, May 8, 2014

A friend says: ‘Use white gloves for your drawings. Otherwise it’s hello fingerprints!’

 NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND. Courbevoie, La Chancellerie, 67 avenue Gambetta. Building A, 18th floor. Thursday 3 April 2014, ten minutes past eight. Here am I hanging on the telephone, asking for advice on how to prepare for my future life as a seller of drawings. Should I exhibit my works framed? Starting, as above, with faces and silhouettes? Or perhaps with the houses I drew in the 90s? In all these discussions two pieces of advice have stayed with me. One from M*, my oldest friend: ‘Don’t worry … we’ll start by going to have a look.1 Once you get there you’ll be able to think more clearly’. The other piece of advice comes from Joëlle (my friend of the Galerie Verneuil Saints-Pères, 13 rue des Saints-Pères, 75006 Paris ( www.paris-gallery.com): ‘If you’re selling fragile items, give white gloves to the buyers. Otherwise, it’s hello fingerprints!’ Buddha bless you!
1 The artists’ street market at Edgar-Quinet, 75014 Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment