Monday, April 7, 2014

The dressmaker, her daughter and … Paul Delvaux!

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND.Paris, 2 rue Vivienne, Institut national d’histoire de l’art. The Oval Room, seat 82. Thursday 6 March 2014, twenty minutes past one. There’s nothing more amusing than letting your imagination run riot. This was what happened one morning last November when I was working on my book At Home, which was published a few weeks ago at www.blurb.com. I had run out of ideas and was about to talk a walk in the Bois de Boulogne when, finding a postcard brought back from a visit to the Paul Delvaux Museum in Saint-Idesbald, I was amused by the idea of turning the famous painter (above) into a visitor to my studio. Some sleight of hand quickly executed with an old pair of scissors found in Brittany on a table formerly belonging to a dressmaker whose daughter, a cheeky brunette, was my first childhood sweetheart. But that’s another (fascinating) story… Buddha bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment