Friday, April 25, 2014

AZERTY keyboard, faded flowers and leopard-print fabric…

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND. Paris, 2 rue Vivienne, Institut national d’histoire de l’art. The Oval Room, seat 82. Thursday 20 March 2014, thirty minutes past one. I’ve just returned from dreaming in the sun in the little garden of the Bibliothèque nationale where the entrance to the Oval Room is hidden. I’m trying to forget, while I write, the questions that continue to worry me. Why am I writing this blog? And above all, for whom? I honestly don’t think there’s a better answer than that given by the Russian painter Wassily Kandinsky, when he was asked what made him decide to add a particular touch of colour to one of his paintings: ‘internal necessity’. That’s exactly what I said one day to a friend who was amazed by the tablecloth you can see above in the photo called Faded Flowers. ‘The leopard-print fabric? Internal necessity’. Buddha bless you…

No comments:

Post a Comment