Thursday, June 19, 2014

Why am I smiling? Maurice Ravel, Jean Echenoz and Bob the Crooner!

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND. Paris, 42 rue de l’Yvette. Thursday 15 May 2014, fifty-seven minutes past eleven. Yesterday at Le Rendez-Vous, a brasserie in the 14th arrondissement, I sat at the bar and read Jean Echenoz’s Ravel, a book that traces the story of the last ten years of the composer’s life. Despite the hero’s tragic end, I was happy. Because of discovering some wonderful prose in my reading as well as the strange chap who wrote Bolero. Because of the sunshine in Paris. And because the night before I had started making digital collages. So, some old drawings have re-surfaced, such as Bob the Crooner (above) who you can see, pink with pleasure, up in the clouds. Buddha bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment