Thursday, June 5, 2014

The small pleasures of walking…

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND. Paris, 42 rue de l’Yvette, 6th floor (no lift). Wednesday 30 April 2014, thirty-five minutes past ten. It’s something I’ve learned since I started keeping a diary: daily routine is a natural source of unexpected events. For example, as I walk through the Bois de Boulogne every day, life often takes me by surprise. One morning, one of the ladies of the night tells me a joke. The following day, in the waters of the lake, there’s the pink reflection of a tree in bloom or playful seagulls. And in winter, when it snows and I cut across the powder-white Place de Colombie I’m immediately turned into a Canadian trapper. TODAY'S PHOTO :  (Unknown) woman at an evening fashion show, Moscow, March 2013. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment