Monday, March 24, 2014

‘Well roofed pleasant little hut/ Screened from winds/ That’s all I need.’*

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND… Paris, Rue Vivienne, Institut national d’histoire de l’art. The Oval Room, seat 82. Tuesday 25 February 2014, thirty-four minutes past eleven. 
  I don’t really know why, but when I came across these words I immediately saw the photo you can see here. These words are by Jack Kerouac. They are the beginning of the 216th-C Chorus of Mexico City Blues (Grove Press, 2000).
  The photo was taken on the Île de Jatte where I often go for a walk. There are lots of beautiful trees.* As you walk along, you can watch a tennis game or a football match.
  In September, I think, there’s a garage sale where you can pick up some wonderful trinkets. 

  Buddha bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment