Thursday, March 20, 2014

‘I have […] encountered […] architectural delights, posters for music and ironic political commentary on walls…’*

NO TALKING SHOP, NO DAILY GRIND… Courbevoie, 67 Avenue Gambetta, Building A, 18th floor. Tuesday 25 February 2014, twenty minutes past eight. It’s raining gently in Paris. I’m listening to the CD The French Avant-garde, given away free by Trax magazine to their readers at the end of 2013. In front of me, Rebecca Solnit’s Wanderlust: A History of Walking (Viking, 1999),* in which I’ve just read: ‘The once-inviting peripheries of towns are being swallowed up in car-commuter subdivisions and otherwise sequestered’. I close the book and pull on my anorak. The best thing would be to go out and see if this American woman is right when she says all that… Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment